Gain the skills to perform specialized administrative support
Sheridan’s Office Administration–Executive diploma program equips you with the skills you need to enhance the efficiency of a busy professional office. Using your laptop computer in our Internet-connected classrooms, you’ll complete interactive assignments and learn the skills most in demand by today’s employers. The first year of study provides you with a foundation in basic office administration skills you need to succeed in any office position. The second year focuses on the higher-level skills required if you wish to work in an executive office.
During the fourth term of your diploma program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a field placement option (two days per week) in a local business or professional office.
Through this executive assistant diploma program, you'll learn:
- Advanced administrative functions such as arranging travel and taking minutes that prepare you for Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) and Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) designations
- Executive support skills such as banking and payroll, including computerized accounting through QuickBooks software
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) along with preparation for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Leadership skills needed by office supervisors
- Webpage design including combining text, graphics, audio and video
- Business writing, Internet research and report writing skills
- Oral presentation skills
- Job search and interview techniques
Field Placement Opportunity
If you have successfully completed the first three terms of your executive assistant courses, you'll have the option of choosing either an Administrative Simulation course or a Field Placement course. Either option prepares you for entry-level support positions in a business, government or professional office. This real-world experience can be an invaluable asset when you are ready to look for a professional executive assistant or administrative assistant position.
Maximize Your Learning With Mobile Computing
Sheridan’s mobile computing teaching environment gives you 24/7 access to the course materials and software applications used in class. Using your personal laptop computer, you can perform class activities, complete assignments, and e-communicate with your professors and classmates. Mobile computing gives you freedom and flexibility that lead to greater learning.
"In my two years in the Office Administration–Executive Program I have gained many skills which I continue to use in my career. I was given an excellent placement, who also hired me after graduating. I am where I am because of my outstanding professors…Thank you."
Nisha Patel, Administrative Assistant, AssessMed, Mississauga
The Executive Office Administration program is located at the Davis Campus in Brampton, Ontario.